Register now for Spring 2014 online classes!The spring 2014 semester for online classes begins January 26th and ends March 29th (10 weeks)
Courses offered include:
About the Program
Today’s service industry in the
United States and worldwidehas broadened and evolved into a major
player in sustaining a healthy economy. The newest projections for the industry
call for a period of unparalleled growth that will bring with it increased
demand for well-prepared and skilled service innovation and leadership
FDU’s new Master of Science in Service Innovation and Leadership will increase your competitive edge as a professional in the field whether you’re an entrepreneur, employed by a service-based company or a government agency. You will build your understanding of and skills in critical service industry strategies, financial systems, service management, marketing and more.
The 36-credit non-thesis program offers on-campus, off campus, and online delivery for the convenience of working professionals. With this degree, individuals who aspire to enter or advance in the service industry can gain valuable credentials and increase their opportunities for professional fulfillment in this rewarding field.
The curriculum draws upon students’ work experience to integrate theory and practice as it prepares them for positions in service leadership. The required courses were developed based on need and potential demand. Students will be required to complete a master’s level research paper during the last term of study in the Program as a capstone requirement. This paper and its requirements will be introduced during the early part of the student’s degree when they enroll in Introduction to Graduate Studies and Research.
Core Curriculum – (30
credits): All students enrolled in the MSSIL degree Program must
complete the following 3-credit courses:
· MSSIL 7001 Introduction to Graduate Studies and
· MSSIL 7002 Special Project
· MSSIL 7003 Current Concepts of Leadership in the Service Industry
· MSSIL 7004 Service Management
· MSSIL 7005 Managing Service Industry Financial Systems
· MSSIL 7006 Human Resource Development and Management in the Service Industry
· MSSIL 7007 Global Marketing for the Service Industry
· MSSIL 7008 Organizational Communication and Conflict Management
· MSSIL 7009 Advanced Graduate Practicum
· MSSIL 7010 Technology in the Service Industry
Electives – (6 credits)
Electives may be chosen from the list below or from offerings supplied by Petrocelli College and the International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management. Electives must be approved in advance and students must meet all prerequisite requirements. Additional electives will be developed with guidance from our industry advisory board.
MSSIL 6001 Civil Law and the Service Industry
· MSSIL 6002 Accounting for Service Industry Administrators
· MSSIL 6003 Distribution System Management
· MSSIL 6004 Global Service Industry Business Management
· MSSIL 6005 Organizational Behavior
· MSSIL 6006 Ethical, Legal and Social Issues in the Service Industry
· MSSIL 6007 Strategic Processes in Service Firms
Visit our Course Descriptions page for more information.
January 26th through March 29th (10 weeks)
$1681.50 per three-credit course
For more information, please
International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management