Why study Accounting at FDU?
Did you know....
- FDU accounting students have scored #1, 3 and 5 on the Certified Public Accountant Exam in New Jersey
- Our 150 hour accounting program received a national award for innovation
- Most accounting majors receive job offers one year before they graduate
- The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants awards scholarships to FDU students
- Three FDU faculty have received the NJSCPA Outstanding Educator Award
- Certified Public Accounting firms are restricting recruiting only to colleges like FDU that qualify students for the Certified Public Accountant exam
- Students in the 150 hour program can graduate with a BS and MS degree in four and a half years
A minimum of 121 credits is required for the BS in Accounting degree. During the freshman year, accounting majors take introductory courses in business, management information systems and mathematics along with the University Core Curriculum and courses in the humanities and social sciences.
In the second year, students take introductory accounting courses and business courses in various disciplines. Heavy concentration on courses to complete the accounting major begins in the third year of study.
For more information contact:
Silberman College of Business
Undergraduate Services Office
Director of Undergraduate Programs & Student Services
For information or questions regarding your program please contact the advisor on your campus: