Facts about FDU
1942. Independent, not-for-profit. [more about our history]
- Teaneck, New Jersey, FDU's Metropolitan Campus, 10 miles from NYC, in Bergen County;
- Madison, New Jersey, FDU's College at Florham, 35 miles west, in Morris County;
- Wroxton, England, 3 miles from Banbury and 70 miles from London;
- downtown Vancouver, Canada, FDU-Vancouver.
- Extension sites throughout New Jersey, and partner institutions and study abroad opportunities around the world.
The first American university to own and operate an overseas campus (Wroxton College in Oxfordshire, UK); the first comprehensive university in the world to require distance learning of its undergraduates. [more about our mission]
New Jersey's largest private university. Undergraduate students: 8,585; graduate students: 3,527; student/faculty Ratio: 14.1. [more about Admissions]
Average Class Size
18 students [more statistics in our "Common Data Set" reporting]
Offered in all majors, more than 120 throughout all 4 years.
Accelerated Degree Programs
A variety of combined degree programs let you complete your undergraduate and masters degree in 5 years.
More than 100 active student organizations and clubs, from student government to national fraternities and sororities and professional honor societies.
324 full-time (85% hold a Ph.D. or terminal degree in their field) and 847 part-time. [more about faculty]
2 semesters and summer sessions, at the two New Jersey campuses. Other schedules may apply at FDU-Vancouver and other locations. [more about the Academic Calendar]