For International Students and American Citizens Residing Abroad
* Deadlines for Application:
- Fall (August) semester: July 1
- Spring (January) semester: December 1
- Summer semester(subject to course availability): May 1
* Deadline Exceptions
- MFA in Creative Writing: March 1 for fall semester, Sept. 15 for spring semester
** Please refer to the Psychology Department's homepage for more information about applying to the following programs
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology: January 15
- PsyD in School Psychology: March 1
- Pharm.D. in Pharmacy: May 1
- M.A. in Psychology/School Psychology: March 15
- M.A. in Psychology/Forensic Psychology: March 15
Graduate students who wish to transfer into one of our programs from another US Master's degree program or graduate students residing in the US after the conclusion of a bachelor's degree program at a US school should apply by the following dates:
- Fall (August) semester: August 1
- Spring (January) semester: January 1
- Summer semester (subject to course availability): May 1
Please note, applicants may apply for admission during their last semester at their current university; however, a final transcript must be received by the Office of International Admissions before a student enrolls at Fairleigh Dickinson.
* Admission Requirements
For a printable pdf version of our admission requirements, please click here
For application instructions, please click here
- A completed FDU Application Form
- Completed FDU Scholarship Application Form (if applicable)
- $40 (USD) application fee
- Copy of information page in your valid passport
*Applicants who only have one name appearing on their passport may need to update their passport. Please visit our passport information page for more information.
- Attested of official transcripts, academic records, diplomas, national examination results, certificates or degrees received from all secondary, post-secondary, university and/or professional schools. Students from India: Please note that we do not accept consolidated marksheets. Individual marksheets showing all attempts, failures and retakes are required.
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearsons PTE-A results sent directly from the testing agency to Fairleigh Dickinson University. Include a photocopy of the results (if available) with your application. Students applying for conditional admission through ELS Language Centers should submit a complete ELS application, along with the FDU application, directly to ELS. Please review our policy on English Proficiency.
- GMAT or GRE scores sent directly from the testing agency to Fairleigh Dickinson University. Include a photocopy of the results (if available) with your application. GMAT is required for all MBA and MS in Taxation and Accounting programs. GRE is required for all other programs except the MS in Hospitality Management, Master of Public Administration (MPA), Master of Administrative Science (MAS), MA in Student Services Administration, MA in Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language (TESL/TEFL), MFA in Creative Writing, MSA in Sports Administration and MS in Homeland Security.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Completed and notarized affidavit of financial support (student visa applicants only)
- Official bank statement in the name of the sponsor indicated on the affidavit of financial support. Statement must be dated within the last six (6) months and must indicate the exact account balance (student visa applicants only.) Solvency certificates are not acceptable.
A scholarship or government sponsorship award letter in your name. Enclose a signed letter or affidavit of support giving details regarding the promise of support and state the specific amount of money in U.S. dollars.
IMPORTANT: All documents submitted to the University become part of the permanent record and cannot be returned.
FDU now also accepts bank statements through the new service, FundsV.com. This service can offer you a quick and secure way of submitting financial documents to the university for your application. Please click on the logo below to be redirected to the site.
* Graduate Special Form Applicants
A few of our graduate programs require that their own application and procedures be completed*. These include:
*International Student applicants for these programs will still be required to meet international admissions requirements as outlined above in addition to any department specific requirements.
* Graduate Majors
Fairleigh Dickinson University offers a variety of majors to its graduate students, ranging from business to electrical engineering. Please check our graduate major chart for a list of all majors that are available to international graduate students.
- Graduate Majors Chart
- Graduate Course Bulletin - a .pdf version of the university's bulletin that offers descriptions of all graduate majors and course requirements.
- Graduate Academic Degrees - an alphabetical list of all graduate majors offered at the university, with links to each degree's personal detailed website.
- MBA Program- detailed information about our MBA program as well as the MS programs in accounting and taxation.
* Master's in Nursing
The Master's in Nursing (MSN) in Education is available to international students in the spring or fall semesters.
Students must meet the following admission requirements for the MSN program:
- Completed a four year BSN
- If the BSN was done outside of the United States, a WES evaluation must be submitted (www.wes.org).
- Must have an RN license from the country of origin
* Bridge Programs
Fairleigh Dickinson University offers graduates of three-year foreign programs the opportunity to enroll in our master's degrees by way of a "bridge program." This program is available only for our MBA, Ms in Computer Science and MS in MIS.
For important information on our various Bridge programs, please click here
* Graduate Course Waivers/Transfer Credits
For our policy on graduate course waivers and transfer credits, please click here
* More Information:
For free and accurate information about studying in the United States, please visit a US Educational Advising Center in your country. Please click the link below to find a center near you!