Professor of Political Science, Prelaw & Legal Studies Director, Florham Institute for Lifelong Learning Director
- American Government & Politics
- American Political Thought
- Utopias & Dystopias
- The Supreme Court
- Law & Society
- Political Theory
- Internship in Politics
Professor Peabody's research interests include the separation of powers, law and politics, law and popular culture, constitutional interpretation (especially outside of courts), and legal theory. His work has appeared in scholarly journals, law reviews, newspapers (such as the New York Times), and blogs such as the Daily Kos.
- Ph.D., Political Science, University of Texas at Austin
- B.A., College of Social Studies, Wesleyan (Middletown, Connecticut)
- "Studying Judicial Independence: Trends and Research Agendas." Law and Courts Newsletter 21, no. 2. Summer 2011: 5-10 (link to PDF).
- "Uncomfortable Fictions: Why 'Zombie Lit' Should be on the President's Reading List – and Yours." Magazine Americana, Fall 2011 (link).
- "Polls, the Public, and Popular Perspectives on Constitutional Issues." Res Gestae Fordham Law Review (2011). Peter J. Woolley, co-author (link to PDF).
- "Res Publica: Public Opinion, Constitutional Law, and the Supreme Court's 2010 Term." Res Gestae Fordham Law Review (2011). Peter J. Woolley, co-author (link to PDF).
- Fall 2011: American Political Science Association, "Fisher's 'Missing Matter': Constitutional Dialogues and the Role of the Courts," presenter at "In Defense of the Constitution: The Life and Work of Louis Fisher" roundtable. Seattle, WA.
- Fall 2010: Appellate Judges Education Institute, "The Choreography of Courts-Congress Conflicts." Invited to present research to a group of judges, lawyers, and staff attorneys. Co-presented with Charles Geyh. November 20, 2010.
- Distinguished Faculty Award for Research, Fairleigh Dickinson University (2012)
- Student Government Association's Maddy Award for Outstanding Faculty, Becton College, Fairleigh Dickinson University (2012)
- Teacher of the Year, Becton College, Fairleigh Dickinson University (2004)
For more on Prof. Peabody, visit his personal website.