Associate Professor of Political Science &
Executive Director, PublicMind
- American Government & Politics
- Politics and the Media
- Public Opinion
- Political Behavior
- Political Methodology
- Washington Center Internship
- Women and American Politics
- Gender and Public Policy
- Politics of Reproduction
Prof. Jenkins' research expertise includes American politics, youth politics, and gender in American politics.
- Ph.D., Political Science, Rutgers University
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
- Mothers, Daughters, and Political Socialization: Two Generations at an American Women's College. Temple University Press, 2013.
- A New Engagment? Political Participation, Civic Life, and the Changing American Citizen. Oxford University Press, 2006 (with Cliff Zukin, Scott Keeter, Molly Andolina, & Michael X. Delli Carpini).
- Dan Cassino, Krista Jenkins & Peter J. Woolley, "Measuring 'What if?' Standard versus priming methods for polling counterfactuals," Survey Practice, vol. 1, no. 4 (2008).
- "Like Mother, Like Daughter: Gender Role Socialization in the Post-Women's Movement Years," presented at Fairleigh Dickinson University as part of Women's History Month, March 2012. See related story here.
- "Citizen Activism in the U.S.," presented at the Annual Meeting of the Council of State Governments-West, Jackson Hole, Wyoming, September 2007.
- "Gender of Interviewer Effects," presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Association for Public Opinion Research, Anaheim, California, May 2007 (Krista Jenkins & Cliff Zukin).