Professor of Comparative Politics &
Florham Campus Provost
- American Government & Politics
- Polls & Surveys
- Japanese Politics
- War, Peace & Arms
- Irregular Warfare
Public opinion; campaigns and elections; US-Japan alliance.
- Ph.D., Political Science, University of Pittsburgh
- M.A., Political Science, University of Pittsburgh
- A.B., International Relations, St. Joseph's University
- "Menendez and Kean: National versus Local Issues in New Jersey," in Larry J. Sabato, ed., The Sixth Year Itch (Longman, 2008)
- Geography and Japan's Strategic Choices (Dulles, VA: Potomac Books [formerly Brassey's USA], 2005)
- Japan's Navy: Politics and Paradox (Boulder, CO: Lynne-Rienner Publishers, 2000)
- American Politics: Core Argument/Current Controversy, Peter J. Woolley & Albert R. Papa, eds., 1st edition (Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1998)
Prof. Woolley makes regular presentations and press appearances as co-founder, and long-time director, of PublicMind, the University's independent polling and research center. He currently serves as the Provost for the College at Florham and Senior Vice Provost for Government & Community Affairs.
For more on professor Woolley see http://alpha.fdu.edu/~woolley
Email: woolley [at] fdu.edu
Office: Mansion 9
See Prof. Woolley interviewed by Mark Blumenthal of Pollster.com about "Polling a Third Party Challenger" at the annual meeting of the American Association of Public Opinion Researchers (video link).
How many professors do you know quoted by celebrity gossip Perez Hilton?