Winter Break Housing Information
Not staying for Winter Break, but returning for Spring 2015
You must vacate your residence hall room by 6pm on Wednesday, December 17, 2014 or 24 hours after your last final exam, whichever comes first.
- During the winter recess, we do require all electric equipment be unplugged. Remember to unplug, defrost, and leave your refrigerator door open. University staff typically enters rooms over break for health and safety checks and routine maintenance.
- Please secure or take home any valuables to minimize the chance of theft over break. You do not have to remove your belongings over the winter break; however, you will have no access to your residence hall room until Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 10 am.
- The residence halls will reopen on Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 10 am. Check-in, for all residents, will take place at the Office of Residence Life between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm on Sunday, January 25, 2015.
- Students found on campus without prior approval will be considered trespassing, face disciplinary action, charged the applicable rate and removed from university property.
- If your room has an empty bed, be aware that someone may be assigned to that space at anytime over the break. Make sure that your possessions only occupy the portion of the space you are contracted for (i.e. remove items from the extra closet, clear out dresser drawer, separate and remove everything from spare bed, etc.).
- We will not be receiving any early arrivals, please plan your return trips accordingly.
Not returning for Spring 2015
Apply by November 1:
If you are not staying on-campus for Spring semester, you are not eligible for Winter Break housing. If you will not be returning to campus for Spring 2015, you must complete a Cancellation Request Form at the Office of Residence Life. All students are bound to an academic year agreement unless they are withdrawing, graduating, transferring, taking a leave of absence, attending the Wroxton Campus, or will have an academic internship or Co-op.
Your cancellation request is not approved until you receive official notification.
If your cancellation request is approved:
You must schedule a check-out inspection with your Resident Assistant. Failure to do so will result in a $75 improper checkout fee. You are responsible for contacting Mail Services (SUB basement) and completing a Change of Address Form prior to leaving campus. You must vacate your residence hall room by Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 6:00 pm or 24 hours after your last final exam, whichever comes first.
Winter Break Housing & Housing Extension Requests:
Residents who wish to stay during any portion of the winter break must submit a Winter Break Housing Application. You will have permission to remain in the halls only if you have received an email confirmation from the Office of Residence Life. Overnight guests are not permitted during winter break. Any resident violating a Residence Life or FDU Policy will have their extension immediately revoked and face disciplinary procedures. In addition, you will forfeit all related housing fees.
- The cost to reside on campus for the Entire Winter break is $1525.
- The cost for students taking Winter Session Classes is $915 only if you are moving out on December 17th and returning on January 5th when classes begin.
- There is no cost for housing for approved In-Season Athletes and Late Finals.
- Cost for Late Flights will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- International Students with late flights may request a housing extension up to 2 days past our official closing date. Please contact Kavita Pathak (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need additional information or if your request may exceed the 2 day maximum.
- The deadline to apply is November 30, 2014 by 5:00 pm. Late applicants will be assessed a $50 fee.
Ready, Set, Apply!!
Click here to apply for Winter Break Housing or a Housing Extension Request.