Winter Break Housing Information
Not staying for Winter Break, but returning for Spring 2014
You must vacate your residence hall room by 6pm on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 or 24 hours after your last final exam, whichever comes first.
- During the winter recess, we do require all electric equipment be unplugged. Remember to unplug, defrost, and leave your refrigerator door open. University staff typically enters rooms over break for health and safety checks and routine maintenance.
- Please secure or take home any valuables to minimize the chance of theft over break. You do not have to remove your belongings over the winter break; however, you will have no access to your residence hall room until Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 10 am.
- The residence halls will reopen on Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 10 am. Check-in, for all residents, will take place at the Office of Residence Life between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm on Sunday, January 26, 2014.
- Students found on campus without prior approval will be considered trespassing, face disciplinary action, charged the applicable rate and removed from university property.
- If your room has an empty bed, be aware that someone may be assigned to that space at anytime over the break. Make sure that your possessions only occupy the portion of the space you are contracted for (i.e. remove items from the extra closet, clear out dresser drawer, separate and remove everything from spare bed, etc.).
- We will not be receiving any early arrivals, please plan your return trips accordingly.
Not returning for Spring 2014
Apply by November 1:
If you are not staying on-campus for Spring semester, you are not eligible for Winter Break housing. If you will not be returning to campus for Spring 2014, you must complete a Cancellation Request Form at the Office of Residence Life. All students are bound to an academic year agreement unless they are withdrawing, graduating, transferring, taking a leave of absence, attending the Wroxton Campus, or will have an academic internship or Co-op.
Your cancellation request is not approved until you receive official notification.
If your cancellation request is approved:
You must schedule a check-out inspection with your Resident Assistant. Failure to do so will result in a $75 improper checkout fee. You are responsible for contacting Mail Services (SUB basement) and completing a Change of Address Form prior to leaving campus. You must vacate your residence hall room by Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 6:00 pm or 24 hours after your last final exam, whichever comes first.
Apply for Winter Break Housing or request a Housing Extension:
Housing Extension Requests are no longer being accepted. If you are interested in Winter Break Housing, from January 2nd until January 25th, please email Stacey O. Davis at email@example.com. The University will be closed for the Winter Break beginning Friday, December 20th at 5pm and will reopen on Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 9am.
Click here if you would like to apply for Winter Break Housing or to request a Housing Extension past 6pm on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 (official closing date of residence halls).
Reasons to request Winter Break Housing:
- Winter Session Classes
- On-Campus Employment
- International Student
- In-season Athlete
Reasons to request a Housing Extension:
- Late Final
(starts after 4pm on 12/18)
- Late Flight
(departs after 6pm on 12/18)