Two Worlds (Dos Mundos)
An innovative undergraduate degree program offered by Fairleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey in conjunction with partner universities around the world. The program is designed for students with a passion for international travel and adventure, as well as for those wishing to connect or reconnect with a particular ethnic heritage. This program is open to all academically qualified high school graduates who enroll as freshmen at FDU.
Students will spend two years at FDU and one or two years at an international partner university in The Dominican Republic, Spain, Israel, Germany, Italy, Korea, or Costa Rica. Typically, students will take classes in New Jersey during the first and fourth year of enrollment, while traveling to the international partner during the second and/or third year.
Through this collaboration between two prestigious universities, students are offered unique learning opportunities:
- In four years, students will be able to earn an American undergraduate university degree, spending two years at FDU and one or two years overseas.
- Students will be able to do their studies in the following academic areas: business; hotel, restaurant, and tourism management; business, communications and applied technology; information technology; electrical engineering; biology; psychology; criminal justice; and forensics.
- As part of the degree, students will also earn a concentration in Latin American Studies, Spanish Culture, European Studies, Korean studies. This concentration will provide the student with the global perspective needed to be successful in today's world and complement the chosen academic area of study.
- During the one or two years in the Dominican Republic, Spain, Germany, Italy, Israel, Costa Rica or Korea, students may live with local families in order to strengthen their understanding of culture. They may also live in a campus dormitory or in a rented apartment or house.
- Two or three years will be spent on the Metropolitan Campus of FDU, which is conveniently located about 10 minutes from the George Washington Bridge in Teaneck and Hackensack, NJ, and easily reached by public transportation or car.
- The Metropolitan Campus is located in the midst of some of largest and most vibrant ethnic communities in the world. The campus is surrounded by services and amenities, including restaurants, cafes, markets, shops, religious congregations, community centers, and social activities.
|FDU Two Worlds Experience Survey|
To be considered for admission, students must submit a completed Application for Undergraduate Admission form, minimum Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) score of 1000 or American College Testing (ACT), and an official copy of their high school transcript. FDU recommends that a student complete a minimum of 16 academic (college preparatory) units in high school with a distribution as follows:
- English, 4
- College Preparatory Mathematics, 3
- History, 2
- Laboratory Sciences, 2
- Electives, 4
Liz Nigrinis Office of Global Partnerships
For more information contact:
Director of the Two Worlds Program
Fairleigh Dickinson University
1000 River Road, H-DH2-03
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Voice: (201) 692-2392
Office of Global Partnerships